We’re always looking for new people to join the Summers Trust Team. Your role as a Team Member is essential to making a great 7 days for 24 young people. We have a pretty good week but what makes the holiday magic is our wonderful staff that take 8 days out to support the project. Apart from the assumed limited sleep from all the fun you’re having; here are the other things you need to know;
We’re looking for people who...
- Have bundles of energy and enthusiasm to share
- Are able to adapt to change quickly and can support/lead young people
- Can discuss problems and find resolutions
- Are organised and can support the organisation of the week
- Will promote equality and diversity amongst the young people and staff
- Will play an active role within the Summers Trust team and keep the needs of the team a priority throughout the week
- Attend the pre-holiday meeting (date tbc)
- Keep the interests and safeguarding of young people first
- Should be available from Saturday 29th July to Sunday 5th August. The Saturday will be used to set up, and the young people arrive to start the holiday on the Sunday
- Are over 17 years old
- Want to make a difference in the lives of young people across Croydon & Bromley
Things you might want to know about the week...
- All meals are provided to volunteers throughout the week
- Your travel expenses to and from Carroty Wood can be reimbursed
- Accommodation is provided
- Safeguarding training and a briefing of what you can expect from the week will be given in a team meeting before the holiday
- All members of staff will need to complete a DBS check
Why join us?
Summers Trust has been running for 8 years and the experience has not only changed the life of 192 children, but has also hugely impacted the lives of all who have volunteered with us. If you want the opportunity to really make a difference in the lives of young people across Croydon and Bromley, then this is your chance.
To apply please fill in the staff application form
If you would like to get involved but don't think you can commit to a whole week please contact us, we are alway in need of help. If you can volunteer just a few hours or a couple of days we will be able to find a job that would suit you, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2011-2017 Summers Trust - Registered Charity Number 1131050